How can we help you?
The FSQA is the sole National Competent Authority with powers of delegation mandated to officially control the safety and quality of food and animal feed whether locally produced, imported or destined for export. The work of the Authority is expected to contribute to consumer health and safety, the facilitation of trade and control of fraudulent and deceptive food marketing, labelling and advertising practices.
The Authority is be responsible for:
- The overall official control of food safety and quality
- Ensuring that food and feed comply with legal requirements, or where appropriate with approved codes of good practice
- Carrying out inspection, sampling and certification of food and feed for import and export when so required
- Inspecting establishments, processes and products throughout the production and distribution chain
- Assessing laboratory services in terms of technical capacity to carry out food and feed analysis for official control
- Participate in activities relating to standards and technical regulations for food and feed at the national and international levels
- Ensuring the adopted inspection procedures are based on risk assessment